Saturday 15 February 2014

Smashbox



I've recently got married. wedding number two, but that's a long story. I'll put up a photo of the dress sometime this week. Although incredibly stressful ( it was all planned in 4 months and mainly organised in 4 days ) It gave me a great excuse to buy new and wonderful things! Like very expensive makeup! I originally was going to bite the bullet and get the naked 3 palette, but then i wanted to try the smashbox primer, so it somehow made sense to me to buy the full exposure pallete to get free delivery....and it looked really pretty. and it is. i read some reviews first, I'm not a mad woman and some were a bit iffy about the fallout and the shimmer is more glitter than shimmer and when i first tried it i thought,damn, should have got the naked 3. BUT! i stuck with it, and I'm glad i did as i haven't used anything else for months, i love it! once you get past the first glittery layer it somehow compacts down and there is then hardly any fallout. the colours are lovely, and i actually love them all! The brush not so much, in fact it may have been the problem in the first place...

You got to choose 2 samples, so i went with a full exposure mascara and a primer.
Ive yet to try the primer sample as i tried the photo finish hydrating oil free foundation primer which id bought in a 12ml travel size as its loads and i didn't want to end up being allergic to it, which i very much was. its also a £1 per ml. which makes me feel gross. never again! 
The little mascara is nice though, its actually made me think I'd buy the big version, its rather lengthening rather than thickening, which is a nice change. 























I also bought also bought some brushes. tell me.what did i do without them? what did i use? how did i manage without them?





Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 

i use this to apply foundation and its amazing. flawless and soft. magic really.






There isn't a brush i don't  like in this, even the dodgy looking eyeliner brush is great for eye shadow, and the eyebrow brush makes me giddy with appreciation. giddy. 


In my next post i will be talking about a brand called Mii, as that's what i went for brand wise for my wedding makeup. 


Is there any other things you want to see? 



No comments: